Thursday, March 20, 2014

Cartoon Devils











 

There should be a live action film genre in which the main tropes consist of emulating animation. Some of my favorite aspects of films (acting, cinematography, set design, mise en scene) and inevitably the way I direct actors derives from the exaggerated pantomiming of early warner brothers, disney, and hannah Barbara cartoon series. My dad had a bunch of box sets and huge vhs collections of early animation when I was a kid and we never had cable so my television education consisted of theese, ( in addition to generic mystery tv shows on pax and touched by an angel). The only thing I love more than Jim Carey is Danny Elfman in a devil costume. Everything else is a personal problem.

So here is a faux trailer I did playing around with a green screen, stock footage (again), and a devil hood my sister made....

No comments:

Post a Comment