Thursday, May 15, 2014

Arctic Beach
























I haven't spent enough time posting about my friends' stuff- Priscilla Rodriguez, who shot my Girls in Black video made this lovely ambient film Arctic Beach/Reverse Siberia with her man Dakota using his music. I really love her style she has a special kind of patience with a camera that I deeply admire. I really like this video because it has a droning visual quality, its emotively dark yet unequivocally Southern californian. Its affective while being completely non-narrative and all of her compositions are beautiful. Uhhhh we are going to collaborate on more stuff soon. (I posted a bunch of Ed Ruscha stuff up there because I think he shares the California aesthetic but is darkly symbolic and unsettling in a way I think they share and I find aesthetically pleasing)…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment