Monday, August 1, 2011

My Dream Date With Boyd Rice


music.. by any other word still sounds as sweet?... anyways, I really like Frank Tovey's Fad Gadget and I guess back in 1981 Boyd Rice did some sound stuff with him they titled the tracks "extractions" (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) and made a record which is my personal choice for reading music: Easy Listening for the Hard of Hearing. Some times I feel I must justify some of my particularly eccentric listening preferences, as opposed to being thought a pretentious fool or just one of the latter..   and this is one of those times...

I have two reasons for this one:
1. as a reference source of sound, although I would not personally consider this album "music" perse and they are deffiniely NOT "songs" they are a good source of sound to take bits of for other works, or just to listen to sounds, in other words it has some good parts that would also sound good expanded upon and made into actual songs...
2. most of the stuff on the album, particularly extractions 1 & 4-6 are really good for creating a soothing atmosphere and blocking out sound when you are in a loud environment.

I went on to listen to some of his other stuff he was one of the pioneers of industrial music back in the 1970s with his solo project NON it gets a little too much for me to handle any given day of the week, and later its all pretty misanthropic when you get into the lyrical bits, but his voice doth slay. 

haha kind of a cool sociopath, which is like all the lyricists I enjoy, except Mr. Rice takes it a step further .  You can go on his website, he is a jack of many trades: I guess he had a tikki lounge in the 80s, he did some conceptual art with swastikas, has written quite a few books and acted in a shitton of films (which i have yet to look into), but what really got me was that he is a priest in the church of satan.... haha right, if you ever get a chance watch some of his stuff its funny. I was just looking up some of Anton LaVey's stuff at my school library when I discovered Boyd Rice elsewhere and then I watched some old interviews with LaVey's daughter and Boyd Rice, it was too funny.

Inflammatory rhetoric and dialectics just kill me- all the time, unless its Lydia Lunch because I really hate her and her futile arguements just piss me off (or Marlyn Manson or Lady Gaga..). Either way I guess I'm usually a devil's advocate, no pun intended, while I am an atheist I believe that even christians are entitled to an all out no rules rhetoric battle... and Boyd Rice is one of the most civil and respectful rhetoricians I have viddied.

Skull Flower
What else..  oh yeah another person I hate, Marlyn Manson totally ripped off Boyd Rice's graphic designs for his album covers.. and for the sake of bringing it up but not getting off topic about Boyd Rice, Marlyn Manson is exactly like Lady Gaga  in regards to Rozz Wiliams, David Bowie and Boyd Rice whilst plagiarizing their work....
that's really beside the point, I guess he's friends with Marlyn Manson.. I really want to look into more of Boyd Rice's stuff he's the kind of asshole who actually has something interesting to say, or at least in my experience an interesting way of saying it, I really like his inequality is eternal sign no altruism here:

I'm posting this link so I won't forget I want to see this documentary...
but like everyone that is cool he's done some pretty silly stuff and he's fucking old now.
Did I mention he was a babe?

-MJJ

No comments:

Post a Comment