Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Songs About Pussy

I personally don't find animals especially sexy but I can see why the cat is a sex symbol- I think it has to do with the purring and sleek movement... maybe the fit form...  the bestiality part kinda freaks me out but I mean to each his own, I'm sure most people don't think about it at all, they probably think pussy meant vagina before it did cat... kids these days... 

Either way I guess the linguistic association must have somehow evolved from the Ancient Egyptian symbol for the goddess of carnal pleasure and women: Basthet.. I'm sure you've seen her around.
But then again its origins seem German, specifically the Old Saxon word for vulva pūse, which also coincided with, but not synonymous for the call for a cat: "puss"...  in Taiwan the Amis word for cat is pusi...Eskimos say pussi... the list goes on.. If I took a wild guess I'd say it has to do with onomatopoeia- hiss hiss hiss anyone? phonetic association? maybe. I could go into the etymology... okay maybe if you're that interested you should be studying linguistics- so the last thing I'm going to say about pussy is that in medieval French pucelle referred to a young adolescent girl or a virgin or something and vulgarly became the synecdoche: puce referring to women....

...there are quite a few songs I really like that are about sexy cats so here you go:

 ^^^^^^^^^^^
this song is originally by April Stevens, her version is way better but I didn't want to make this post about her so I'm going to use the Marlyn Monroe version for the sake of variation..
 

 April Stevens has the sexiest purr, it sends shivers down my spine...
okay one last thing .. the "sex cat" thing has been attributed to two films 1958 And God Created Woman and 1964 film Kitten With a Whip's protagonists Bridgitte Bardot & Ann-Margret... so they can probably be held responsible for bringing it into the mainstream of pop culture 


 



everybody wants to be a cat...


                                                         -MJJ

No comments:

Post a Comment