Sunday, October 30, 2011

Vince Noir

I'm kind of obsessed with Noel Fielding's character -in British comedy troupe The Mighty Boosh -Vince Noir. Vince's look consists of sparkling one piece suits, platform shoes, pointy boots, women's accessories, and topped off with voluminous hair he looks like a cross between David Bowie and Joan Jett. I can't help but be reminded of myself in his character because of his obsession with fashion and his constant longing to reinvent himself. Throughout the show Vince jumps from fashion fads like mod, goth, punk, glam, and so on in an attempt to mock fads and how vapid youths approach them.

I'm also impressed by how actor Noel Fielding takes on these crazy roles like old greg and howling jimmy jefferson, the costumes are hilarious and heavy loaded with wigs, make-up and always glitter -it cracks me up.
 "Whatchyou doin' in my waters? I'm Old Greg"
Howling Jimmy Jefferson



Love those shoes, he makes me want to move to London

Its like Vince says "I can never be unhappy in a poncho"



Hail Mary-Photographed by Andrew Whitton

The infamous silver jumpsuit Vince's signature look
 
These photos don't really prove my point.... JUST WATCH THE DAMN SHOW!

-Mink Stygian 

No comments:

Post a Comment